1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
I'm not uncomfortable with silence. But I usually have music on if I'm home alone during the day, just because I can and no one argues with me about it. I like silence best when I'm getting close to bedtime and reading my book or checking in one last time on the computer.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute...a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
My chocolate of choice lately is the kids' Halloween candy. LOL And no cheap chocolate - I can't stand Hershey's wax. :(
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I wear blue jeans nearly every day - just this season started wearing some leggings too. I have four pair that I rotate between, and I've had them all for almost two years, I think. I thought I owned one blue jean jacket, but I found another in the back of my closet last weekend!
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
Yup, sure am. When I'm out walking with my family, I can't stand to have something come between the kids and I - like a post, or sign or anything. If there are multiple doorways, we need to go through the same one.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
Did this just last weekend! Ended up finding a black dress with white collar and cuffs in my (really old) dry-cleaning pile. I wore that, braided my hair, and went as Wednesday Addams!
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
I can't think of anything random that scares me. Living alone for years got rid of a lot of that for me. No sense in randomly being scared - I had to just do something about it.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I _____________________.
Clear my office floor again! Got lots of organizing stuff yesterday for the rest of the house, but that makes room for some of the stuff that's landed in my office when it should be elsewhere. We'll see!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm gearing up for busy-ness again. Today is a pretty easy schedule, but I want little things done so I can enjoy visiting with my mom and dad tomorrow. And Friday is grocery day, so I want to have a menu plan/shopping list done before then. Hoping for great weather so the kids can trick or treat Saturday night!
Wednesday Addams sounds like a fun costume choice!
Interesting questions. I would choose the chocolate pie :). Also I enjoy silence (I live alone) but if I have TOO much silence (ie, if I stay home the whole day and read or blog but don't put on TV or music) it can become deafening, in a way.
Oh, Wednesday Addams. I bet that was too cute. Too bad you didn't post pictures. =)
Unfortunately my jeans are fitting due to weight gain. Or did they all shrink? LOL
I haven't made meal planning a priority lately, but I should get back to that. Fingers crossed for good weather this weekend! I have two little ones to take trick-or-treating.
Great questions (and answers). I'm definitely someone who loves silence.
Dropping by from the Hodgepodge and I really enjoyed your answers. I am with you on Hershey's waxy chocolate, but there again I'm not much of a chocolate lover myself so when I do eat it it has to be nice stuff!
Everyone teases me but I don't like chocolate on chocolate. It's too much. I will usually have vanilla ice cream with a chocolate topping or chocolate with peanut butter. If the cake is chocolate then I want a different type of frosting. My coworkers think I am crazy!
Ever since I had kids I need silence. I don't even turn the TV on.
My kids are grown so no candy to steal. I did buy some for trick or treaters and hid it from myself. I'm feeling pretty proud for not looking for it : )
Wait, do some people not like blue jeans? Like not those whose religions forbid it... but like the rest of us in the west?
I love the costume idea. :-)
Trick or Treat,
Post a Comment