Saturday 9: Hurts So Good
1. Tell us about the last time you really got hurt. Well, this is still pretty fresh in my mind. My heart procedure on Wednesday was done through a cardiac catherization. Yeah, they slice through the largest vein in your body. No biggie there. My pain? You have to lie flat on your back (okay, you can elevate your head up to 30 degrees) for SIX HOURS with your leg out flat so the cut will start healing. My back cannot take that! As of about halfway into my six hours my blood pressure started coming in at 140/100 - way too high! Luckily my nurse believed me that it was just because of the pain. Once they gave me some motrin for my back, my blood pressure started coming back down to normal. By the time I was allowed to get off the bed, my husband had to almost carry me because my back and legs were so out of it and painful. :(
2. What's your oldest possession? Huh. I'm looking at one of my older possessions, sort of. It's the alarm clock I used to wake up to when I was little. Except it isn't the same one. I went to eBay and spent way too much for a replacement almost ten years ago.
3. Do you have any phobias? The honey bear. And I don't want to talk about it.
4. What values did your parents instill in you? Lots of em! And then I went and made up some of my own that my parents have NO IDEA where I got them ;) I definitely credit my parents with my good work ethic and my respect for others.
5. What are your plans for Easter? We're getting up early to join my parents at church, then heading to their house for brunch and an egg hunt for the little ones. Then in the afternoon we'll head to hubby's mom's house for dinner.
6. I like sun more than snow. Okay. Me too.
7. Tell us about 3 fads from your teenage years. Yikes. Pegged pants. Fluorescent clothes. Big hair. Yes, I grew up in the 80s.
8. Tell us what is the most important attribute in a lover. Consideration. And a sense of humor. Face it, sex can be very funny.
9. What new piece of technology have you resisted buying and what would it take for you to change your mind? I don't know if Wii counts as a new piece of technology, but I'd totally get one if they were...well...free.
Yep- you nailed the Devo look :)
Have a great Saturday!
interesting lol. So you want a wii huh?
Post a Comment