- Finally! Some [more] summer-ish weather! I received a few hanging baskets for mothers' day, and then went and grabbed a couple to fill my last couple of hooks. Sitting out on my front porch, with my flowers, and birds, and warmth, while reading a book and enjoying a refreshing drink - my version of heaven!
- Tomorrow Maggie and I have our last scheduled baton competition for a bit. It's the closest one to us (less than an hour drive!), so we don't have to get up as early, and some family may stop by to watch her perform. Should be a fun day.
- Work is still...work. Luckily I like my commuter car (our new Mustang Mach-e), and I do enjoy what I do (researching and writing). Our team is still down four people (scheduled to start June 6, but not fully trained for a couple months, at least), so there's plenty of work. But now that we're not working-from-home, I don't do nearly as much overtime. I go in a half hour or so earlier than required, but I'm out the second we're allowed to punch out so I can get home to the kids and the rest of my daily tasks.
- I'm still so torn on a summer vacation. I really, really want to go somewhere cool-ish and have a great time with my family, but I footed most of the bill last time and don't want to spend that much again right now. Also, I'm really, really worried about driving in the snow, or having sick kids next fall/winter and want to save my paid time off. Ugh. I sure did like working from home...
- On the book front, I've got a few reviews published that haven't been shared here yet. Check out what I thought of: Scarlet Carnation (4 out of 5 stars) by Laila Ibrahim, and Mallory's Manly Methods (4 out of 5 stars) by Thomas Keech.
Thanks as always for the links! As far as summer stuff goes, maybe you could plan a staycation? I'm going to the west side of the state next month which will be fun. :)
Post a Comment