- So I'd like to say that going in to the office Monday - Friday is getting easier as I get used to it (we've now been going a whole month! This will be our fifth week finishing.). But maybe I'm just lowering my standards as fast as possible. Luckily I like my job, because I spend my time at home realizing what I'm messing up and missing out on.
- Thank goodness the school year is almost over. It's been a real roller-coaster lately. Each day seems to have more than its share of good news...and bad news.. Another school shooting last week has really tried the nerves of a lot of our local kids. See, we're in the community that is very near a community with a previous school shooting. And apparently proximity does make a difference. I think we all hold our breath for a minute when we hear any sirens, like we did that day as three counties worth of emergency vehicles rushed to the scene. Every drill, false alarm, or baseless threat starts the trauma experience all over. I wish I could say it will be easier after a summer off, but I know it won't.
- Did I say this week has been a roller-coaster? Last Saturday Maggie earned her spot to compete in America's Youth on Parade - the NATIONAL baton twirling competition! We've booked our accommodations and she's working hard to schedule extra practices around theatre commitments, driver's education, and wanting to take some hard-earned down time now that high school classes are wrapping up.
- I also finally got the last of my flowers last weekend (just kidding, I'm sure I'll get more!). Last weekend I planted some pretties in the pots on our back deck. Now every day's to-do list includes watering the flowers in the front garden area and the back deck. But I love it. I'm also so excited to see and smell our healthy lilac hedgerow that was so carefully watered last year to make sure it grew in strong as brand new plants. Success!
- My other priorities also haven't left as much time for reading! See the three books below that I finished for May, and their reviews posted within the last couple of weeks too: Strangers We Know (4 out of 5 stars) by Elle Marr, Breach (4 out of 5 stars, with a giveaway ending 6/8/22) by Kelly Sokol, and The Bangalore Detectives Club (4 out of 5 stars, with a giveaway ending 6/9/22) by Harini Nagendra. At least the little time I've had to spend has been enjoying good books!
03 June 2022
Five Things for Friday 6/3/22
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like it was a busy week! Thankfully I haven’t needed to go back to the office. I’m so glad it’s getting easier.
Thanks for the book reviews and links, as always! I have a Jodi Picoult review I need to write up, actually - I haven't binged a book in a while but I did binge this one, her new one called Mad Honey. The school shootings have definitely been on my mind lately as well.
Can't wait to hear more about Maggie's Competition! Where is it located? I love to hear parents excited about summer vacation. Not all parents are excited!
Post a Comment