Well, the universe is just giving us shit upon shit, amiright?
Anyway, my 2021 goals are over and done, and I almost didn't do a list for 2022. But one of them is to post something that isn't a book review at least once a week (preferably to share in my Michigan Bloggers group on Fridays), and I didn't even have any book reviews posted this week. So I'll skip my standard 'Five Things for Friday' and revise a list of goals for 2022.
Here we have, my 2022 goal list:
- Post at least one not-another-book-review post on my blog every week. It can mention books or reading (because, duh, my life), but there has to be something else.
- Yell less.
- Do more crafty stuff. The first thing that comes to mind is counted cross-stitch. I like it, and my work usually looks pretty good. I have a few projects started from a few years ago and would like to get some more work done on them.
- Wash my vehicle regularly. When we got the new car on December 31, 2021, hubs also signed us up for a car wash membership, so we're really good about this so far.
- Drink water daily. Some days I'm great and guzzle a lake's worth, and some days only Cherry Coke flows through these veins. I'd like there to be some water in there every day.
- Set up my previously designated notebook as a recipe book.
- Complete at least 40 Yelp reviews. I'm Yelp Elite - black badge again (I think I've been Elite for 14 years?), so I have a responsibility to tell people what I think about places and stuff. LOL What a glorious responsibility, eh?
- Feed birds through the winter.
- Put hanging flower baskets at front porch for summer.
- Make my office into a neat, organized, usable space. Obviously it's usable now (it's been my office at home all last year...), but there's still a pile of bleh in the middle. I'd love to get rid of the pile and maybe put an empty table there for other projects. My computer desks (okay, one computer desk and one cabinet sewing machine) are full of...computer.
- Do family holiday cards. Mail them in November 2022.
- Walk regularly when it's warm outside.
- Keep my nails regularly polished. Toes are exempt in the winter, unless they'll be seen for some reason. But I paint my own nails at home about once a week. By making it a goal, I get credit for doing it, right? ;)
- Read regularly. My Goodreads and Storygraph goal is set at 80 books for this year.
- Burn more candles.
- Re-read God on a Harley, and decide what I want my wardrobe to be - purge a lot of the rest. It's an inspirational book about living your life right. Part of it is the woman re-doing her physical life. I haven't read it in a long time, but I think she pretty much simplifies, decades before Marie Kondo. She keeps the things that mean something and are a part of who she is, and gets rid of a lot of the miscellany.
- Update the kids' bedroom doors (currently still decorated from Valentine's Day, 2014, I think).
- Keep working a job outside the home.
- Reschedule our Disney trip when it's safe to do so.
- Save enough money to have a $1K cushion before our Disney trip.
- Take better care of my body. I'd like to not be half-dead after walking around the Disney parks for a week. Hubs and Maggie downhill ski regularly, and Maggie has her amazing baton activities, and Jack is always running somewhere, besides playing basketball. I'd like to do something regularly, even if it's exercise in the family room. I want my clothes to fit better, and I want to have more energy.
- Send postal happy-mail at least once a month. To whoever. But I feel mail is unappreciated as a whole service. Years ago, when I was single and living in my apartment, I sent birthday cards to EVERYONE who I knew their birthday and had their address. I'm not ready for that level of commitment, but I'd like to send some things this year.
- Appreciate that my life is pretty wonderful with or without these goals accomplished.
- Believe in my ability to complete these goals.
Shout-out to the Witchcraft, Coffee, and Books group on Facebook for providing me inspiration to finally write this goals post. They had a vision-board workshop last night that I was excited for and had given some pre-planning thought to. Then I realized they're on the west coast and their online meeting didn't start until 10pm... I was in bed already, so just stopped in to say hi. That being said, they're sharing their great projects this morning, and I am feeling motivated.
LOL re: "Yell less." Disney should be awesome! I am hoping COVID lessens this year, I miss not wearing masks ...
Post a Comment