- While I haven't been doing a lot of writing here, I have caught up on a LOT of reading! Now I just need to take the time to summarize the books I read in September. I'd also like to start cross-posting some of my reviews. So if you like reading, be sure to check back ;)
- Fall is decidedly beautiful. While I don't mind a bit of crisp-ness in the air, I hate feeling cold. So my enjoyment of fall is tempered by my dread of winter. Ugh.
- I've broken into the Halloween candy already (okay, a while ago!) and now I want a giant box of just Bottle Caps. These things are so good!!
- We've planned a busy weekend! We've got the Halloween party at our local Aqua-Tots pool tonight. Jack has a friend's birthday party tomorrow. If the weather is nice on Sunday, I want to check out the train ride and Halloween party at Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad. Hopefully everything falls into place for our fun weekend plans.
- Next weekend starts our baton twirling competition season! Our first event is next Sunday in Grass Lake, Michigan. Maggie will do all the events she usually does (but she's been really improving her routines lately!), and Jack will compete in a first contest for his basic march.
- I'm so happy that the elementary and middle schools in our school district have a half day on Halloween, and November 1 off! Yay!
- I can't wait to see Zombieland! I didn't try to attend the screening, as it was the same night as Maggie's choir concert, but I have added it to the list of movies I definitely want to see eventually.
- Is there anyone else who just hasn't gotten their brain to switch to an online calendar? I tried, honestly, I did. And now I actually maintain both, as hubby wants it all in an online option, but I just need to write things down and see them in my paper planner.
- Know what I forgot to plan tonight? Dinner. For anyone. Hahahaha... The kids have extra baton twirling practice, which starts right after school for Jack. I suppose we'll have to grab something to eat between practice and swimming. Wish us luck!
- What's your favorite part of fall? I think I like all of it, and the excitement of Halloween! I'm so glad I got their costumes taken care of early, so now I can sit back and enjoy it. Maggie is dressing as a zombie VSCO girl, and Jack is Ashe Ketchum, the Pokemon trainer.
18 October 2019
10 Random Things for a Friday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, what IS a VSCO girl exactly?? I think I've read about it but I'm a bit older than the people who dress up as one. lol. It seems like they just look like they're from the '90s?
Zombieland 2 was better than the first one, IMHO - I rewatched the first one on Wednesday.
And yes you've been cranking out the book reviews lately! Thank you for reviewing for my site. :)
My best description of VSCO girls is straight up 90s. LOL Scrunchies, oversized shirts, shell necklaces, those annoying metal Hydroflask water bottles....
Post a Comment