I've been meaning to share this wonderful recipe I found for coffee cake. See, I was charged with bringing some sort of baked good to Easter brunch a coup;le weeks ago. My mom (the hostess) doesn't usually eat flour, so it wasn't up her alley, but she knew it was something we would enjoy. So I went searching for a good recipe, instead of just picking something up at the grocery store.
I found this wonderful recipe at Lil Luna. It was a wonderful coffee cake and everyone agreed that it was delicious. And the other bonus - all the ingredients were things I had on hand! Big win :)
Feel free to click through to Lil Luna for a video and lots of other tips, but here's the basic recipe for your convenience (and mine, when I want to make it again...).
1 C oil (I used the canola I had left, plus some grapeseed oil)
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 C milk
1 C sugar
3 C flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk together.
3. In a medium bowl, blend together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture. Pour half the batter into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
5. In a medium bowl, prepare streusel by combining brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Sprinkle half of the streusel by on top of the batter. Top with remaining batter and then sprinkle the remaining streusel on top.
7. Drizzle with melted butter.
8. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25 - 30 minutes.
Everyone said it was delicious
That sounds delicious!!!! WOW! Annster's Domain
I'm not a big coffee fan (or coffee cake) but I'm sure it was tasty :).
Yum! Sounds like something I should try for breakfast to go with my coffee :)
I have a MOPS meeting coming up next month and I think I'm going to make this. It sounds so good.
Oh I love coffee so coffee cake is a great treat too! I would love to make this. Thank you for sharing
Sounds good and easy. I also have all those ingredients. I’ll try it sometime soon! Thanks.
Post a Comment