- What a day. It's cold and damp and dreary. But Jack's Warrior Dash was today at school. It's their biggest fundraiser of the year, so I'm happy I was able to leave my subbing job early to help out, and watch Jack enjoy the event!
- Twenty-seven years today. 27 years since my best friend from high school took her own life. I thought I'd be up to talking about all the things she's missing - not from my life, but that she'll never have. But it's still too much. I thought I'd written about the general story before, and found this post. An older post than I expected, so I may have written another time, but I just don't feel like looking more.
- Which brings me in a circle. One of the girls at the middle school where I was subbing yesterday started crying. She said it had just been a really rough day. I comforted her as best I could, but then I just could not get her off my mind. Luckily she was back and more like herself today, but I just worry. You never really know what someone is going through, you know?
- Maggie and I get to go see Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween tomorrow! I love spending some time with my daughter, and I enjoy Halloween, so I'm sure we'll have a fun time. Thanks so much to Yes/No Detroit, where we won the tickets!
- Such a quandry - I love fall, but I'm not a big fan of this cooler weather...hmm....
- I think there will be more awesome Smartwool socks on my wish list this year. My feet are already a little chilly.
- Which pizza do you like better? At the middle school we were serving Little Caesars, but I purposely waited to eat when I got back to the elementary school for Jet's. I like the sauce better, and the whole piece of pizza is just more substantial. I really like Jet's veggie pizza, but had to stick with the pepperoni this time. Corner pieces, obviously.
- How could I forget - it's also cider mill season!! We're so lucky to have a branch of a cider mill in a mall near our house. While it's not the same, it's also spoiled me by being able to get cider and donuts fresh all summer long!
- But really - welcome to Friday! We missed last week, but this week we're back to open swim with the kids :) Maggie went straight to a friend's house after school, and we're picking her up there on our way. Hubby even said I can swim tonight! (Jack usually says I'm not allowed... :( )
- Hope you're planning another great week! Welcome to fall - it's time to put up Halloween decorations and get out the sweaters and boots - yay!!
05 October 2018
10 Random Things for Friday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the shout-out! Make sure to get in line early for the screening, also - 10/1030 should be fine. Hope you enjoy :).
Post a Comment