- The picture is from our New York trip. Me and the kids with Nita and her boys, off on an adventure somewhere :)
- Every time I feel like I'm almost caught up, I remember something else. Like, I'm into my routine and it's all good, but then I realize that NEXT WEEKEND is Jack's birthday party, here at the house. I should probably get to planning some activities.... (luckily invites have been sent!).
- I noticed that lately I've been commiserating with those around me about 'how broke we are.' And I remember all my train your brain stuff from years ago. Your mind hears what you say. So I am done saying I'm broke. Things always work out well for me, and I'm a darn lucky girl. Go ahead, you can repeat that for yourself too.
- I'm so excited to be going to the Drybar in Birmingham next Wednesday for a Yelp Elite event! That's the kind of girly-ness I wouldn't normally pay for without having tried it, but it sounds wonderful!
- Any advice on laptop deals? The girl-child needs one for school, so we made her save and give us her summer earnings, and now the time has come to buy the computer...
- The weather definitely feels like fall is blowing in right now. Yesterday was super rainy, and today feels like it will rain soon, but hasn't yet. I walked to the bus stop anyway, and Maggie was surprised, since it definitley feels like it's gonna rain any minute...
- Egads, I have to get to planning that birthday party..
- I think the black hair algae is finally gone from my fish tank. Next Friday (payday), I think I'll get some more gravel and decorations, and add a few more fish to keep the one who survived company. I still think the algae situation was from the tank getting too much light. The fact that there's less daylight on my aquarium will be the one thing I like about winter, I guess.
- I'm reading two books at once right now. This is totally out of character for me. But I was reading one that's a bit serious, and I wanted something lighter for the water park last weekend. So I started a YA (young adult) fiction to lighten the mood. Now I've been switching back and forth. Read a serious essay, then read some more high school diary :)
- Now off to a remarkably unplanned weekend! I'm sure it will fill up with lots of fun :) Hope you have a great weekend too!
21 September 2018
10 Random Things for Friday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
How fancy of a computer do you want to get her for school? I know some students are served very well with Chromebooks because so much word processing and apps are available online now. How long she expects it to last is also important, is it something she'll use now and upgrade again when she gets to college or is she going for something nice she'll take good care of? Also what's the budget? I know point #3 said you're feeling "broke" but there's a difference between "can't afford it" and "it's not in the budget" which I know is tricky when it comes to things like technology.
I can really relate to number two. I am never caught up on anything. Also I use to feel number three pretty hard, those days are now behind me but it took a lot of work. If you are looking to save money on a laptop and not picky about brand or it being the newest and greatest, someone told that ABC Warehouse has good deals worth checking out. I hope you have a great weekend!
She had a Chromebook before, but it really couldn't do what she wanted it to. And she's only in 6th grade, so it'll sit on her desk for now, but I'm sure technology will be way too different by the time she heads to college :)
Train the brain is so important. Can’t wait for the party. I’ve got a busy week ahead but let me know if I can do something to help.
I feel broke this week also - this was my adulting week, had to get a new car battery and also a new over-the-counter (over-the-range) microwave. Yay ...
Two books at a time, rule breaker! lol. I sometimes do that (cheat on one book with another) but otherwise I'm pretty much a monogamous reader :) I like to read one book and then finish the other.
Have an awesome time at Drybar, also! I felt so pampered when I went.
Post a Comment