- Happy Friday! I missed posting last Friday because my daughter and I drove 10 hours to attend a baton competition in Manalapan, New Jersey. This was our third time attending this particular competition. Our coach is from New Jersey and likes to go and visit, and I have a great friend in New Jersey who I usually visit on this trip. This time (since both of our families go), the coach wrote an extra small group routine for our daughters, and they earned a first place trophy for that too! Both girls also did very well in their individual events.
- So also from last weekend's trip - Maggie doesn't like to pass up a chance to go swimming in a pool. Last Saturday we were both a bit tired from dealing with the competition all day, but she was excited to go swimming because it was just the two of us, so I said of course I'd go with her. She admitted she was pretty tired too, but wanted to go because I didn't usually. So I told her I'd go to the next open swim at home instead. Guess what I get to do tonight? :P
- I have roughly one month (okay, maybe two) each year when I score standardized tests from home. It's a great job, and I've been doing it for more than 10 years. But this is the first year that I also have another job, and my kitchen job has been having me fill in at another kitchen as well lately. So my two cute lil part-time jobs suddenly have me working around 40 hours each week. :O Can't wait for these paychecks, eh?
- I am so looking forward to next Friday. My mom and I are going to the Michigan International Women's Show. I haven't been in years, and I think the last time I attended it was as a vendor, so I still didn't get to walk around through it all.
- Next Friday is also School Lunch Hero Day. So thank your lunch lady (or breakfast lady...).
- Don't get me wrong - I'm so grateful it isn't snowing, and the weather is a bit warmer. Now, if my skin could feel a bit of sunshine...
- I get to go shopping this weekend for work pants. They're supposed to be khaki or black, but the khaki ones I have now have had bleach splashed on them a couple times. So I should probably stick with khaki. Do you know anywhere besides Target or Old Navy to find comfy, business-style (not jeans) khaki pants? We'll probably head to Old Navy. I got my other ones at Target, and the Target employees said they find them in those two stores.
- While I do really like my job, I'm really looking forward to sleeping in this summer. Like, a lot.
- Plans are also starting to happen to actually have a deck put back on our house this summer!! The financing is just about done, so hopefully hubby calls for construction quotes/bids soon. I did it all last year (or the year before), and it felt like it took all summer just compiling info.
- Hope you have wonderful weekend plans, and the weather cooperates :)
27 April 2018
10 Random Things for Friday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
My parents usually like going to the Women's Show, I think they try to win tix though :) and 10 hours is quite a car ride!
Post a Comment