So what is The Liebster Award? It is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. The whole idea is to promote and acknowledge bloggers for their hard work, accomplishments and build a community for bloggers.
Once a blogger is nominated, they are to post 11 Random Facts about themselves, answer the questions given to them by their nominator and ask eleven questions of the bloggers they have nominated for the award. It is a great opportunity to meet other bloggers and get to know a little bit about them.
On to the fun part!
11 Facts About Me:
- I really like wearing my hair short. Part of the reason is that otherwise I chew my hair.
- I always have my toenails polished if I wear flip flops. My daughter thought this was an actual law and tried to tell a friend at the library that she couldn't wear sandals without toenail polish. I had to explain that it's more of a family rule.
- I really, really like my fish aquarium. The kids say it's theirs, but it's not.
- I drink Cherry Coke like other people drink coffee.
- The older I get, the less need I have to see other people, like, in person.
- I'm 5'8" tall.
- I used to wear 4 - 5" heels, but ended up with back issues. I now can't wear high heels.
- I love the house we live in, and never plan to move again. Ever.
- I have blue eyes.
- I'm already having nightmares about snow next winter. And we haven't been a month without snow yet. :(
- My biggest regret when my kids stopped napping is that I have a much harder time getting away with a nap now. I really like naps.
Questions from Jackie:
2. What does your blog name mean? My first and last name both start with the letter B, so I'm B-squared for sure. My first website back in the early 90s was 'Sweet Daisy' (did you the daisy as a flower actually means sweet innocence?), so that carried across - SweetlyBSquared
3. Most insane hospital experience (that you are comfortable sharing)? I'm always amused that when I was in labor for my son, I had been admitted to the regular labor & delivery area, but wanted to birth with a midwife from the natural birthing center. So when my water broke, I called down the hall on my cell phone. The midwife came to my room and stayed til my son was born.
4, What is your favorite color? Usually dark colors. But since I've been with Posh, I feel oddly drawn to pink...
5. What one widget would you recommend to fellow bloggers? I don't make a lot of changes to my blog. I'll be sure to check out the answers of the other nominees to see what I'm missing! LOL
6. Does your name have a story? Well, I did have an uncle who would only call me by my middle name, because he had an ex-girlfriend with the same first name. I imagine that would have seemed super weird to a kid. I don't think we saw him often.
7. Are you left-handed or right-handed? Right-handed.
8. What is the craziest color you have dyed your hair (if you have dyed your hair) I used to like dark colors like burgundy. Now I look like a crazy old lady trying to hard if I do it :( I've done my hair both black and crayon red for different Halloween costumes. It's only hair, so I used permanent dye, and it came out over time.
9. How did you meet your significant other? I first met him while visiting my brother at college (Michigan Tech). Then when we were all out of college, we re-met on an internet forum. A member of the forum who lives out of the country but was working in the U.S. came to visit a town near us and we all met up to hang out with him for an evening. The rest is history ;)
10. What is your dream career? I'm not really fond of working. LOL I'll plan to stick with being a mom, writing, and direct sales.
11. What is your least favorite food? I'm actually not too much of a foodie. I don't have a lot of favorite, or least favorite foods...
- If you were to have a baby/adopt a puppy/take in a stray turtle/whatever right now, what would you name it?
- Do you prefer planning on paper, or electronically?
- What is your favorite way to pamper yourself?
- Describe your best customer service experience.
- What's your current favorite song?
- Where do you feel most comfy?
- Do you have a lucky number? Is there a reason behind it? Tell me!
- What's your favorite season?
- Tell me the funniest thing that has happened to you recently.
- What's the best movie you've seen lately?
- What do you like best about blogging?
Be sure to come back and leave me a link - I want to check out all your fun answers and facts!