- Organize her built in desk space so her art supplies and games can be conveniently accessed and used. Keep her jewelry and a personalized bible she received as a gift on the shelf on display, and safe from playing hands.
- Put together her old dresser to hold her stuffed animals. I saw several things on Pinterest where they made an open space (like that left by the missing cabinet door on her old dresser) into a 'zoo' cage with bungies across the front and the animals tucked inside.
- Reorganize her toy bins (again!) so there isn't overflow on the floor by them.
- Straighten and re-prioritize the hooks behind her door so they just contain wearable coats and jackets.
- Use the drawers on her old dresser (there are only two) for blankets and such that don't need to be frequently used.
17 April 2012
I love that Maggie now has such a spacious room for her stuff and can (and does!) enjoy playing in her bedroom for a change too. But because it is so big, it's getting easy to shove stuff to the corners and still have a lot of open floor in the middle. Uh-oh! Right now I've got a relatively short list of minor projects that will make her space easier to utilize: