19 December 2009
Saturday 9: White Christmas
1. If you live where you get winter weather, do you prefer your Christmas to be white? If you never see snow, do you wish for it? I don't mind if it looks white out the window, but I don't like going out in it.
2. How many holiday cards did you receive from people you hadn't sent cards to, after the "mailing deadline?" Did you send a card anyway? I don't know what "mailing deadline" you're referring to....I make a list when I'm ready to send my cards out, and I stick to it.
3. When the clock strikes Midnight on New Year's, will you be at home, at a party, or somewhere else? So far I'm planning to be at home.
4. Have you ever taken the keys and driven home a friend that you felt was too drunk to drive? If not, do you think you would attempt to if that situation ever arose? Haven't done it so far. Now I think I'm getting too old to have such drunk friends. Maybe that means I am the drunk friend. Uh-oh.
5. Tell us about a gift that you either bought or made for someone else that you wanted for yourself! Hmmm...been thinking on this one for a few minutes already. Probably some of the toys I get for my daughter, but I still get to play with them, so it's all good :)
6. What chores do you have left for the holidays? I still need to finish stuffing the stockings. And laundry is endless, of course...
7. If you could buy one gift for yourself where money was not an obstacle, what would it be? Just one? I'd probably get a new shower like hubby and I are getting for ourselves for the holidays anyway, but if money was not an obstacle, I'd get someone else to install it so hubby could spend more time with us instead :)
8. What is one of your family’s favorite holiday traditions? For my family now we're just getting started, but I'd love to continue doing advent jars with my daughter like I got to do growing up (we open one jar each day in December up til Christmas with a small gift in each).
9. If you could give a fellow blogger a holiday gift, which would it be and what would you give them? Tough one. Should I make my mom exempt, because I'd love to give her anything she wanted :) I'd love to give Kris a way to move to Phoenix ASAP and be with her husband...or the Rudstroms the perfect daughter for their family (without all the legal, time-consuming rigamarole)...or Stacey a fabulous book contract so she wouldn't have to worry about looking for a job and would know how valuable her words are :)