22 September 2003

Word of the day: knurled. As in, “nickel-chrome plated with knurled handles.” Proof-reading and editing descriptions again today and looked that one up.

Knurled means:

  • A knob, knot, or other small protuberance;
  • One of a series of small ridges or grooves on the surface or edge of a metal object, such as a thumbscrew, to aid in gripping.

    Now everyone can go out and use ‘knurled’ in a sentence today…

  • No comments: