Okay. I'm now a whole meme behind....So today will be Friday Five, and I'll catch up on the other tomorrow or Thursday....ugh...it's almost like work! hehehehe
Jul 04, 2003
1. What were your favorite childhood stories? This might sound really weird, but I was talking with my brother this weekend about how my dad used to make up words to every foreign language song we heard (like at a Mexican restaurant orwhatever). I'm afraid I've read sooo much in the mean time that I don't remember what my 'childhood stories' were...
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children? hmmm....number one, I have no intention of having children. But to answer the rest of the question, I remember reading The Westing Game as part of school in the fourth grade (I think that was when...) and getting totally roped in. Another that stands out is A Wrinkle in Time. And the old Nancy Drew mysteries will always be classic.
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything? I actually did read A Wrinkle in Time in the last year or so..nothing surprising, but I did enjoy it still.
4. How old were you when you first learned to read? I'd have to check with my mom - don't really remember. I do remember the book was The Carrot Seed and rumor was that I actually had it memorized.
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you? For loving books as much as I do, I'm ashamed to say I really don't remember when it all started.....or what the first chapter/grown-up book was that I ever read. Bummer. Hopefully mom will remember.