Well, I don't know if there will be 2022 goals, but I figured I owed it to me from a year ago to re-cap the goals I listed for 2021.
I'll just go ahead and cross off whatever I finished....
Here we have, my 2021 goal list:
- Paint the front door. See, it's dark green right now, and I really feel another color will do better to offset our green holiday wreath. And painting in the winter seems like a bad idea, so I'll need to remember/follow-up with this one in the summer, more or less.
- Bake regularly.
- Yell less.
- Complete a counted cross-stitch project. I've got two to choose from.
- Wash my vehicle at least monthly.
Drink at least four glasses of water daily, on a regular basis.
- Set up my previously designated notebook as a recipe book.
- Complete at least 40 Yelp reviews. - looks like 24 so far...still a week left?
Feed birds through the winter. Put hanging flower baskets at front porch for summer.
- Continue unpacking office boxes from the basement.
- Score for Pearson.
- Do family holiday cards. Mail them in November 2020.
- Walk regularly when it's warm outside.
- Read regularly. My Goodreads goal is set at 100 books for this year. - at 95. Still a week left, but unlikely to finish 5 books since I also work four days this week.
- Do the 52 week savings challenge for holiday shopping at the end of the year.
Find something consistent to replace my school jobs. Full-time? Part-time? Who knows - just a new job hopefully remote, so I'm not laid-off or furloughed anymore.
- Burn more candles.
- Update the kids' bedroom doors (currently still decorated from Valentine's Day, 2014, I think).
- Finish re-organizing office with a goal of redecorating and doing more of my usual work in there.
Keep working a job outside the home. Do something fun with my hair (cut/color) at least once this year.
- Reschedule our Disney trip when it's safe to do so.
- Save enough money to have a $1K cushion before our Disney trip.
Appreciate that my life is pretty wonderful with or without these goals accomplished. Believe in my ability to complete these goals.
What a year 2021 has been. I did indeed start a full-time job on February 1. It's perfect for me, and I truly enjoy it. That said, we've been remote all year. So while not exactly a job 'outside the home,' I'm on the clock 40 hours a week, so I'll count it. We're scheduled to go to the office full-time starting sometime in May 2022.
I'm so eternally proud of my children especially for becoming more independent all the time. I could not take the time to do my job without them helping pick up some of my household slack, and also managing themselves to exist without supervision so well.