This Sunday I'm joining in with Deb at Readerbuzz for The Sunday Salon, and Kimberly at Caffeinated Reviewer for Sunday Post. It's my attempt to pretend I post something other than book reviews, except I still mostly talk about books.
Last three reads:
Sing Me Forgotten by Jessica S. Olson
Next three (probable) reads:
Knives and Knightsticks by K. Lew & C.R. Lockhart
The Sweet Taste of Muscadines by Pamela Terry
At the End of the World, Turn Left by Zhanna Slor
Three things I've done besides read this week:
- Watched some Netflix - The Wrong Missy, The Do-Over, and The Last Blockbuster
- Re-potted the mini rosebush that hubs gave me for Valentine's Day.
- Finally returned the school library books that Jack's teacher gave him at Christmas time. The school library is only open after my work hours on Wednesdays, and we are usually at baton practice on Wednesdays. So having everyone gone meant I was free to do something else on Wednesday - return library books (luckily they don't track how late they may have been!).
Three good things:
- My family comes home today! I've missed them. They all took the week off before hubs starts his new job tomorrow. I'm still new-ish at my job, so I stayed home and worked all week. It was peaceful, but I'm ready for some hugs and snuggles.
- All of my work computer stuff is finally here! I've got quite the set-up, but it's way easier to learn/do my job with enough monitor space to keep it all straight.
- Spring is definitely coming! We had a couple nice days last week, and although it's chilly and rainy now, there are more good days in the forecast.
Three things to-do this week:
- Finish working on Jack's room. I was lucky enough to get a free dresser that fits in his walk-in closet. Now I'm emptying out the wire drawers he's been using in there (repurposing them to the basement?), getting rid of too-small clothes (just bagging them and putting them in storage while Purple Heart isn't picking up), and putting the good stuff where he can easily access it and maintain the organization.
- It's spring break for the kids! Hopefully find stuff for them to do that will keep them out of my hair. Hahaha... Hubs and I are both working from home (at least I am, I think he is?), so I suppose my to-do is to work hours without being overcome with jealousy that my kids have free time all week.
- Get family groceries and cook a couple dinners. No, really, it's a goal. Ski season is finally over, so I think we'll all be home for dinner. This hasn't happened in months!
Three things I wish for:
- Warm spring weather.
- A meeting with our landscaping guy to get it all on track for spring (weed the front garden area, plant something in the shady spot, start on a property line plan on the east side of the back yard).
- Convenient vaccine appointments for hubs and I.
Hope you all have a great week, and hope you always picture Olaf in Frozen whenever you read 'good things.'