Happy Valentine's Day!!
- Well, the snow has remained manageable (a blessing and a curse, in that we haven't had any more snow days off of school), but the cold has bitten suddenly. My car said it was flat out zero degrees on the way to work this morning. Ugh. Poor Maggie is with a choir field trip today visiting a couple of elementary schools. Getting on and off that bus will be a hustle!
- They finally hired someone for the position I've been subbing for. So I only had two weeks or so left of that sub assignment. But then poor Jack ended up feeling under the weather; he missed two days of school, and I went ahead and told them I couldn't sub for the rest of the week. So I don't know what happened at the end of this week, but I'll go back next week so they can focus a little better on training again. I felt awful to leave them in the lurch like that, but my family comes first. Obvs.
- It truly does take a village - big shout-out to my kids' baton coach who found rides (and one day drove) for my daughter to be able to do her activities (theater and baton) and get home without me having to drag around my other kid while he was sick. Yay!
- What are your Valentine's plans? It's Friday, so the kids and I are in for pizza and a movie, of course. I think hubs will be around too. Before that, I'm volunteering in Jack's second-grade class during their party.
- This weekend is also hubs and my 14-year wedding anniversary (on Sunday, February 16). Look how far we've come :) I think we're planning on going to brunch somewhere, but today he said he's feeling a bit under the weather, so maybe we'll wait and do something another time. Whatever. A lot of life gets built in 14 years, and it gets harder and harder to plan around.
- Ugh. I just remembered it's payday (yeah, that is good!) and I'm supposed to be paying the bills right now. I'll get to it, I'll get to it. I'd rather write this post, and then I'd rather go read some more of the book I'm in. But no. I'll pay bills first.
- I miss writing reviews of restaurants and such! I seriously have not been anywhere in 2020 that I haven't been previously. So I want to review something, but not something I visit regularly and reviewed ages ago.
- I plan on making some Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies this weekend for the girls' battle of the books team celebration. Coach suggested we could add those cool Valentine's m&ms. Is this really a thing? I looked at Target today and couldn't find any, but their Valentine's stuff was pretty packed up and switching over to Easter.
- In the back of my mind, I keep hoping that Jack's doing okay today back at school. And I hope his awful sounding cough passes quickly.
- What's your best reading snack? My very favorite is Better Made White Cheddar Popcorn, but they also have a Movie Theater Style one at Target, so today I got both. Yum! I need to hurry up and finish paying bills so I can go snack and read a bit before the party in Jack's class :)
We usually do pizza on Friday nights anyways so I'm more than happy to snuggle in & avoid all the hussle & bussle
I use to sub years ago :). I agree, family comes first. I hope your son's feeling better. My daughter's been sick too :( Happy Anniversary!
Lindy@ A Bookish Escape
Pizza and a movie works around here too on a Friday. :) Hope you had a nice one and happy anniversary!!!
Post a Comment