Has this not been the longest month in history or what?? I end January busy, and get a bit busier in the first week of February - yikes! Try to keep up, eh?
- As my mind runs in circles, I'm afraid all my random posts begin to overlap. I apologize if I'm boring you by repeating the same details about my life over and over.
- That being said, I'm cold! LOL No, seriously. I'm usually feeling cold.
- A friend on Facebook the other day shared an article that stated not everyone has an internal monologue. And I'm like...what??? It's so noisy in my head. Although I figure out a lot in here. I wonder what the correlation is between the internal monologue and external fidgets. Because since I'm talking to myself anyway, I'm frequently wondering completely random research correlations.
- My urge to correct posts on Facebook lately is increasing. Especially incorrectly used 'your,' 'you're,' 'their,' 'there,' and 'they're.' And then I remember it would only get people to hate me. Oh, and that reminds me. 'Then,' and 'than.'
- For the first time ever, I know when the Iowa Caucus is. And I'm interested in hearing about the results. Let's just leave that right there. I have been an election inspector for more than 25 years, and I've been mentally preparing a post especially for Michigan voters. Nothing political, but what to expect and how to be polite to election inspectors. The primary election in Michigan, by the way, is March 10.
- I am noticing more and more when people comment on restaurants I haven't been to, and adding them to my mental list (again with the busy brain!). This also goes hand in hand with the fact that I want to get some new reviews up on Yelp.
- So, one of the positions I've been covering for has been filled! The new person will start in another week or so, and then I'll just stick around for another week or two so the new person has a chance to be trained without being responsible for half the kitchen. Then, I'll start subbing at another building until their position is filled (unless it's filled before the existing team member leaves?). They asked why I didn't take one of the positions for more hours. I told them I don't have to - I can sub every day practically, and I can say no when I want to.
- My reading so far for 2020 is on track with 2019, but there's a high likelihood that I'll finish the book I'm reading now (The Third to Die by Allison Brennan) before January actually ends. It's definitely a page-turner, and I can't wait to see if they figure out who the bad guy is before there's another victim! I think I've solved it, but we'll see.
- The kids are excited for pizza and a movie tonight. I rented Maleficent: Mistress of Evil from Redbox, and we're picking up pizza from Hungry Howie's. But first, we need to finish baton practices.
- Tomorrow is a major nothing day. Considering making cookies to share at the Battle of the Books meeting on Sunday? And read. And keep warm.
The internal monologue article threw me as well, lol. Like... I'm reading this in my head as I type it. But some people don't have that? Interesting.
Wow 25 years working the elections!! That's awesome that they can count on you! I agree...January was long!!! I'm ready for Spring!
Post a Comment