Wednesday Medley gives a list of questions and prompts, usually based on the calendar date and something being celebrated or recognized somewhere.
1. During Red Ribbon Week a red ribbon or rubbery silicone bracelet is worn to remind others to live drug free lives and honor the sacrifices of all those who've have lost their lives fighting the war against illegal drugs.
Do you have family members or loved ones in law enforcement? Wearing any memorial ribbons or bracelets? Not really in our immediate family.
2. There isn't an International Day for October 30th.
What is your suggestion for a new national or international day? Hmm.... is there a holiday for zombie culture yet?? It would fit nice being so close to Halloween for the U.S., at least.
3. On this date in 1938, Orson Welles performed his radio play of H. G. Wells' The War Of The Worlds. Some people understood it to be an actual news broadcast of a Martian attack though there were disclaimers throughout the show.
Have you witnessed an example of people behaving to the contrary in spite of warnings? Not really. Most of what I see is people ignoring warnings to protect them. This was practically the opposite.
Bonus question: Did you listen to or do you stream radio shows? Listen to books or prefer reading? I love reading! I have a hard time paying attention to stuff I'm supposed to listen to. My daughter and I have enjoyed a few audiobooks while on road-trips.
4. Happy 80th Birthday, Grace Slick!
She sang with psychedelic band Jefferson Airplane and later reincarnations Jefferson Starship and Starship.
All rock 'n' rollers over the age of fifty look stupid and should retire. — Grace Slick.
Is pop music solely the domain of younger artists? 'Popular' changes so much and so often. I can see her point, but hey, if she was making it work, why quit?
5. Tomorrow is Halloween. Any fond memories of Trick Or Treating or escorting little ones while they made the rounds? Favorite costume? I've always said Halloween is my favorite holiday. Since I've had kids, it's really more about them. I want everything to be exactly according to their plan, which means I mostly leave myself out of the occasion (besides driving and supervising...)
That being said, I am planning to wear fangs and a cape to serve breakfast at the elementary school tomorrow. :)
Bonus question: As an adult, have you attended a Halloween party or fancy-dress ball? Sexy? Or spooky? We did when we were first dating/married, before we had kids. Hubby wants to get dressed up each year now, but I'm more of a homebody. And I hate the fact that SO many female costumes are 'sexy.'
6. Please share with us something interesting about your week. While Halloween figures prominently in our plans this week, we also had our first baton competition for the season last weekend, and have our local dress rehearsal on Friday, getting ready for States competition next weekend. So we're busy for a variety of reasons, but luckily the reasons are mostly fun.
SO many people are into the zombie stuff so yeah, that'd be a cool holiday. And I agree with your answer re: rock starts quitting. If you're doing well and some people still care, why quit?
I love a good audio book or podcast. If you like crime dramas, check out the Root of Evil podcast....so good. Just like reading a great novel!
During our high school years, my friend and I attended a party as goth cheerleaders. We didn't understand Halloween was an excuse for girls to run around in their underwear as Victoria's Secret angels. Whoopsy daisy.
The kiddos do have a way of taking over the Halloween festivities, but at least you're doing the fangs and cape. That's still fun and the kids at school will like it.
Hope the kids at school liked your "costume". It was such crummy weather this year for Halloween. And I agree, many costumes for adults are too sexy! Hope you are having a good school year!
Post a Comment