- Friday definitely feels less-Friday this close to Christmas. I woke up definitely feeling rather Monday-ish. Huh.
- I think it's less cold than last week, but I didn't leave my house - at all - yesterday. Win!
- I'm excited my hubby and baby girl are coming home from their big ski trip today. They should be on their way already!
- I'm also happy to be taking a new sugar body scrub, called 'Blissed Out' into the shower this morning. Sometimes it's the little things.
- Should I go anywhere today? No real need...may have another at-home day. But I will shower this time. LOL
- For the first time in memory, the gifts are wrapped already!! And it isn't even Christmas Eve! I started while Jack was at school and I was home alone the other day, and finished last night after he went to bed. Yay, me!
- I'm still faking it for the kids, but desperately searching for my holiday spirit. I don't know if it's because 2016 has seemed like such a shitstorm, or being so far from any of my family that reminds me of being a kid, but I'm really not into it this year. I've tried sharing gifts with families in need, helping out friends in a tight spot, getting out much-loved holiday crafts... and I still walk away feeling pretty hollow. As Peggy Lee would say, "Is that all there is?" But we still press on. And honestly do love the excitement for the kids.
- Jack quote of the week: "Hey mom, it's almost Christmas, and then we can touch everything again." He's referring to the elf on the shelf, who moves around and can't be touched. So there's a little corner of the house each day that we're careful around, so Pokey the elf doesn't lose his magic. Hahahaha...
- I'm getting hungry... I think my Amazon Pantry box came with a can of clam chowder yesterday. And I still have a salmon filet and some rice left. Choices, choices...
- Wish me luck - I think I still want a batch of butter cookies made with the cookie press. Every single time there's a learning curve, but apparently I'm feeling brave! And it will be so nice for the house to smell like fresh cookies when hubby and Maggie get back. :)
STAR LORD and the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY are back for another blockbuster adventure! To share my excitement about Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, I'm ...
1 day ago