I got this idea from someone while I was surfing around this week. If it was you, please drop me a comment and I'll add your link here. :) (The one I'm thinking of, I know I left a comment for too.)
Thirteen Things I Love about my Husband I know there's more than thirteen things I love about my wonderful husband, but it's Thursday Thirteen, not Thursday thirty-five or Thursday three hundred ;)
- He still takes my breath away. And I don't mean just when he tries to play the dutch oven game in bed on lazy Sunday mornings (get your mind out of the gutter!). I get excited to see him whether he's been gone on a business trip for weeks, or just at work for the day.
- He's funny. Often funnier than me. Okay, that may not be saying much.
- He loves me. I have plenty of days when this may be an accomplishment in and of itself. But he does it every day.
- He's attractive and charismatic. Yeah, he's a flirt without even meaning to be. One of my guilty pleasures from time to time is watching him be all charming, but knowing that he's all mine.
- He lights my fire. I'll leave it at that. My mom reads this blog :) .
- He really steps up when he knows I can't take anymore. Instead of being defensive, or trying to fix my mood, he just tries to help finish the things I just can't right then.
- He's intelligent. He's smart about dealing with me, and he was smart about getting through school and getting a good job. And now he's good at his job. I'm proud of him.
- He's a good provider. Although we'll bicker about what's needed and what's not, I obviously have not starved.
- He's a spectacular Dad. And he doesn't take it personally when Maggie is having one of her days and only wants Mommy for a few minutes.
- He knows how to have fun. He's way more adventurous than I ever was before. It's fun to be along on the ride that has always been his life.
- He asks for what he wants. I remember noticing this when we first started dating and trying to start doing it myself. When we check into a hotel, he always asks for an upgrade and usually gets it (see #4).
- He's strong and tall. He can get the lids of jars and reach things on the top shelves.
- He's competent. He can work on cars (this is also something my dad likes about him, since it means my dad got to stop working on my car once hubby and I got together). He can build things (like Maggie's playhouse). He can fix things around the house and do other manly stuff.