A little bummed - I would love to participate in Blogathon, but I have a candle show that night, so I'd end up missing at least 6 entries, and probably more just trying to get my act together...maybe next year. This year I'll just have to throw money at the problems :) On my list of things to do when I return from PartyLite's National Conference - sponsor some bloggers on blogathon. Do you have a blogathon blog to be sponsored? Tell me why I should sponsor you!
Completely stressing over stuff to get done before flying out next week! Arrghhh! And I still have a party tonight and another in the morning...Dealt with cat-sitter catastrophes this week. My cat sitter no longer cat sits. And on such short notice I couldn't find another! So over the course of four days, I have one friend stopping by one day, one friend eating her lunch at my place on the two days she's in town and mom and dad stopping by on the other day because as mom said, "I can't let my grand-cats starve!" hehehehe Thanks, everyone! Teamwork is making it happen!
And right on schedule, it's The Friday Five!
1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it? I vaguely remember being friends with Keith. His grandma lived down the street from my house, and she always had really long toenails. I don't know what that means. Anyway, Keith was so excited to come to my 3rd or 4th birthday party (it was a while ago, I don't remember for sure what birthday...), he peed his pants almost as soon as he got there. Yes, that excited :)
School age, my first best friend was Jodi. Sadly enough, Jodi was my best friend because her mom told my mom that I was the only one who was nice to Jodi. When I found out, it carried a staggering weight of responsibility.
2. Are you still in touch with this person? I was Jodi's best friend for as long as we lived in that city (and she was mine), and we kept in touch for years afterwards. Now I hear what's up with her through other connections, but don't really have anything to do with her anymore.
3. Do you have a current close friend? Yup. D.
4. How did you become friends with this person? Oh, boy. I was good friends with this guy, j (much different from J), that was friends with her (D's) boyfriend (S). One night j's car broke down and he remember that D lived close by. We called her. Turns out she was no longer dating S, but she came to get us at like midnight on a work night anyway. Her story after the fact was that if we'd looked scary she'd have kept driving. D picked us up, and she and I have been friends for over 10 years. j is ancient history.
5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why? That I wish I was still in traditional contact with? Yes, definitely. My best friend through high school and a while after committed suicide. I wish she hadn't. That sounds really lame. Oh well.
Post a Comment